Sunday, July 3, 2022
Wednesday, August 18, 2021
Faith Persevering in Trial
To the Chief Musician. A Psalm of David.
1I waited patiently for the Lord;
And He inclined to me,
And heard my cry.
2He also brought me up out of a horrible pit,
Out of the miry clay,
And set my feet upon a rock,
And established my steps.
3He has put a new song in my mouth—
Praise to our God;
Many will see it and fear,
And will trust in the Lord.
4Blessed is that man who makes the Lord his trust,
And does not respect the proud, nor such as turn aside to lies.
5Many, O Lord my God, are Your wonderful works
Which You have done;
And Your thoughts toward us
Cannot be recounted to You in order;
If I would declare and speak of them,
They are more than can be numbered.
6Sacrifice and offering You did not desire;
My ears You have opened.
Burnt offering and sin offering You did not require.
7Then I said, “Behold, I come;
In the scroll of the book it is written of me.
8I delight to do Your will, O my God,
And Your law is within my heart.”
9I have proclaimed the good news of righteousness
In the great assembly;
Indeed, I do not restrain my lips,
O Lord, You Yourself know.
10I have not hidden Your righteousness within my heart;
I have declared Your faithfulness and Your salvation;
I have not concealed Your lovingkindness and Your truth
From the great assembly.
11Do not withhold Your tender mercies from me, O Lord;
Let Your lovingkindness and Your truth continually preserve me.
12For innumerable evils have surrounded me;
My iniquities have overtaken me, so that I am not able to look up;
They are more than the hairs of my head;
Therefore my heart fails me.
13Be pleased, O Lord, to deliver me;
O Lord, make haste to help me!
14Let them be ashamed and brought to mutual confusion
Who seek to destroy my [a]life;
Let them be driven backward and brought to dishonor
Who wish me evil.
15Let them be confounded because of their shame,
Who say to me, “Aha, aha!”
Monday, March 16, 2020
This Whole Virus Thing Got You Scared? Read This Now! Psalm 91
1 Those who live in the shelter of the Most High will find rest in the shadow of the Almighty. 2 This I declare about the LORD: He alone is my refuge, my place of safety; he is my God, and I trust him. 3 For he will rescue you from every trap and protect you from deadly disease. 4 He will cover you with his feathers. He will shelter you with his wings. His faithful promises are your armor and protection. 5 Do not be afraid of the terrors of the night, nor the arrow that flies in the day. 6 Do not dread the disease that stalks in darkness, nor the disaster that strikes at midday. 7 Though a thousand fall at your side, though ten thousand are dying around you, these evils will not touch you. 8 Just open your eyes, and see how the wicked are punished. 9 If you make the LORD your refuge, if you make the Most High your shelter, 10 no evil will conquer you; no plague will come near your home. 11 For he will order his angels to protect you wherever you go. 12 They will hold you up with their hands so you won’t even hurt your foot on a stone. 13 You will trample upon lions and cobras; you will crush fierce lions and serpents under your feet! 14 The LORD says, “I will rescue those who love me. I will protect those who trust in my name. 15 When they call on me, I will answer; I will be with them in trouble. I will rescue and honor them. 16 I will reward them with a long life and give them my salvation.”
Friday, December 6, 2019
18 - What sorrow for those who drag their sins behind them with ropes made of lies, who drag wickedness behind them like a cart! 19 - They even mock God and say, “Hurry up and do something! We want to see what you can do. Let the Holy One of Israel carry out his plan, for we want to know what it is.” 20 - What sorrow for those who say that evil is good and good is evil, that dark is light and light is dark, that bitter is sweet and sweet is bitter. 21 - What sorrow for those who are wise in their own eyes and think themselves so clever. 22 - What sorrow for those who are heroes at drinking wine and boast about all the alcohol they can hold. 23 - They take bribes to let the wicked go free, and they punish the innocent. 24 - Therefore, just as fire licks up stubble and dry grass shrivels in the flame, so their roots will rot and their flowers wither. Isaiah 5: 18-24 NLT
Friday, December 14, 2018
Sin is at your door
6 “Why are you so angry?” the LORD asked Cain. “Why do you look so dejected? 7 You will be accepted if you do what is right. But if you refuse to do what is right, then watch out! Sin is crouching at the door, eager to control you. But you must subdue it and be its master.”
Wednesday, August 16, 2017
Let's Walk the Roman Road Together - The way of Salvation through Jesus Christ our Savior.
Take some quiet time and read through each of these Bible Scriptures asking GOD to help you understand what you are reading. If the Lord has revealed Himself to you (and He will if your heart is open) then simply ask Him to forgive your sins and come into your heart as the Lord and Savior of your soul.
In the Book of Romans Chapter 3 we read:
- vs. 23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;
- vs. 10 As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:
- vs. 11 There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God.
- vs. 12 They are all gone out of the way, they are together become unprofitable; there is none that doeth good, no, not one.
- vs. 13 Their throat is an open sepulchre; with their tongues they have used deceit; the poison of asps is under their lips:
- vs. 14 Whose mouth is full of cursing and bitterness:
- vs. 15 Their feet are swift to shed blood:
- vs. 16 Destruction and misery are in their ways:
- vs. 17 And the way of peace have they not known:
- vs. 18 There is no fear of God before their eyes.
In the Book of Romans Chapter 6 we read:
- vs. 23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.
In the Book of Romans Chapter 5 we read:
- vs. 8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.
- vs. 1 Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ:
In the Book of Romans Chapter 8 we read:
- vs. 1 There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
- vs. 38 For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,
- vs. 39 Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
In the Book of Romans Chapter 10 we read:
- vs.9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
- vs.10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
- vs.11 For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.
- vs.12 For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him.
- vs.13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.